Skip to main content

Anti-imperial Block of Nations

In Kupyansk, Ukrainian soldiers captured Kenyan citizen Joseph Kabugi. This occurred during hostilities in the Kharkiv region, in approximately February. The 41-year-old man said that he came to Russia to work in a civilian specialty, but within a few weeks, he was sent to war.

The “Skelya” regiment published a video of the interrogation on Facebook. In the recording, the prisoner discusses the circumstances of his arrival in the Russian Federation and his subsequent deployment to the front.

In particular, he says: “You don’t have to serve in the Russian army, you don’t have to pay anything – they will take care of everything.”

Job fraud

Joseph Kabugi explained that he found a job opportunity through an agency in Kenya. He was promised a job in his specialty – he worked with computers, installed video surveillance systems and radio stations. But after signing the contract, the situation changed dramatically.

According to him, neither he nor the other foreigners knew that they were actually being recruited to participate in the war. After completing the paperwork, they were sent to a training centre. There, they spent about three weeks.

Combat experience

After a short training, the man was sent to the front in the Kharkiv region. He admitted that he was not ready for combat. “How can you prepare to go into battle in three weeks? I was scared,” Kabugi said.

They were transported to Kupyansk in small groups on boats, he said. On the way, he saw the dead soldiers and realised the seriousness of the situation. Later, he was wounded during a drone attack.

Kabugi also noted that he had almost no communication with his commanders due to the language barrier. He only heard a few words – “come on”, “go”. Most of the time, he says, they were looking for food and trying to survive.

Captivity and conditions

He was captured after one of his comrades, who had gone to look for food, was detained by Ukrainian soldiers. He led them to the place where Kabugi was.

The prisoner said that the Ukrainian military behaved correctly. ” The soldier told me to follow him and I followed. Very polite. They could not have given us food, but they did,” he said.

He also added that he was very cold due to the unusual weather conditions.

“I was cold, because you know, Africa and winter are incompatible things. They gave me jackets and everything else. In fact, I think they gave me even more. Yes, I was lucky to meet good people. My advice: don’t go to war. Don’t join the war between Ukraine and Russia. Take care of yourself, stay in your country,” Kabugi noted.

As a reminder, it was previously reported that  Russian propaganda prematurely declared dead its fighters who remained in Kupyansk, even though they were still alive. Ukrainian military records their presence in the city.

As OBOZ.UA reported,  the enemy’s assault actions in Kupyansk turned into its disposal.  During assault attempts, mechanised columns very quickly turn into foot columns, and then completely cease to exist.

oboz.ua

More from the category

In Russian-occupied Bashkortostan, an oil refinery caught fire after a UAV attack August 19, 2026 News In Ufa, a plant at one of the oil refineries caught fire after a drone…
1,300 km from the border: The General Staff confirmed a strike on a refinery in Bashkortostan temporarily occupied by Russia August 13, 2026 News On the night of 13 August, the Defenсe Forces struck the Gazprom Neftekhim Salavat oil…
Statement from the Tatarstan Independence Committee regarding the drone attack on Nizhnekamsk August 10, 2026 News Today, Nizhnekamsk was attacked by a UAV. We want to tell the residents of Tatarstan…
, The Czech Senate raises historic Belarusian flag on the anniversary of suppressed protests August 10, 2026 News On Sunday, 9 August, the Czech Senate raised the white-red-white historical Belarusian flag to commemorate…
The leader of the Free Udmurtia movement, Nikolai Suvorov, has submitted documents to participate in the elections July 31, 2026 News Today, 25 July, Nikolai Suvorov, co-chairman of the Liberation Movement "Free Udmurtia," submitted his nomination…
Russian citizens must be held accountable for all crimes committed against Ukrainian civilians and military personnel – for every destroyed home, every broken life, and every life taken July 24, 2026 News About five days ago, supporters of the government of independent Tatarstan in exile—operating underground against…