Skip to main content

Anti-imperial Block of Nations

Kazakhstan’s National Security Committee (NSC) has launched a pre-trial investigation following reports that Russian law enforcement officers killed two Kazakh citizens during a supposed attempt to organise a terrorist attack in Russia.

Source: Kazakhstan’s NSC; Latvia-based Russian media outlet Meduza, citing Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB); Telegram-based news outlet Astra

Quote from NSC: “The fact that these individuals had Kazakh citizenship and had travelled to Russia has been confirmed. The NSC has launched a pre-trial investigation into this incident. It is being carried out in close contact with Russia’s FSB within the framework of existing cooperation channels.”

Details: The FSB announced on 7 March that it had prevented a terrorist attack on a synagogue in Moscow, which was supposedly being prepared by terrorists from Khorasan Province, the ISIS cell in Afghanistan.

“During the detention, the terrorists put up armed resistance to the FSB officers and were finally killed by return fire,” the Russian secret service said.

The FSB claimed that firearms, ammunition and components for making an improvised explosive device had been found at the homes of the killed suspects. The FSB office in Kaluga Oblast opened a criminal case on charges of preparing for a terrorist attack (Article 30.1, Article 205.2. of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation).

The Telegram-based news outlet Astra was one of the first to report that the killed were Kazakh citizens. Its sources said that a skirmish between the FSB officers and suspected terrorists took place in the early morning hours of 7 March in the village of Koryakovo, Kaluga Oblast. Two suspects, Sabit Ashiraliyev, 35, and Dzhanibek Taskulaev, 32, who arrived in Russia on 28 February, were killed in the shootout.

Background:

Українська правда

More from the category

In Russian-occupied Bashkortostan, an oil refinery caught fire after a UAV attack August 19, 2026 News In Ufa, a plant at one of the oil refineries caught fire after a drone…
1,300 km from the border: The General Staff confirmed a strike on a refinery in Bashkortostan temporarily occupied by Russia August 13, 2026 News On the night of 13 August, the Defenсe Forces struck the Gazprom Neftekhim Salavat oil…
Statement from the Tatarstan Independence Committee regarding the drone attack on Nizhnekamsk August 10, 2026 News Today, Nizhnekamsk was attacked by a UAV. We want to tell the residents of Tatarstan…
, The Czech Senate raises historic Belarusian flag on the anniversary of suppressed protests August 10, 2026 News On Sunday, 9 August, the Czech Senate raised the white-red-white historical Belarusian flag to commemorate…
The leader of the Free Udmurtia movement, Nikolai Suvorov, has submitted documents to participate in the elections July 31, 2026 News Today, 25 July, Nikolai Suvorov, co-chairman of the Liberation Movement "Free Udmurtia," submitted his nomination…
Russian citizens must be held accountable for all crimes committed against Ukrainian civilians and military personnel – for every destroyed home, every broken life, and every life taken July 24, 2026 News About five days ago, supporters of the government of independent Tatarstan in exile—operating underground against…